P1/2 have had an excellent (and busy!) start to term 2. We discussed our learning this afternoon and made a summary together for our blog. Here is what we were up to this week:
- P1 were learning the sound ‘c/k’. We learned that it can look like ‘c’, ‘k’ or even ‘ck’ in some words!
- P2 were learning to spell the days of the week. We found it easier after we realised they all end in ‘day’!
- P2 learned new tricky words: ‘day’, ‘away’ and ‘always’
- We were using our addition skills to solve problems up to 20!
- We took part in lots of Halloween activities, such as making potions, reading Halloween stories, writing our own Halloween stories, writing labels to Halloween related pictures, dressing up and investigating our Halloween tuff tray!
- We used Makaton symbols to create our own potions and some of us wrote about our potions using these symbols too (my personal highlight of the week – I was very impressed with this!)
- We made paper plate pumpkins – these will go home on Monday!
- We listened to a song which counted to 20 in French, and played a game with numbers to 10 in French
- We have been writing numbers to 20 and completed a number square puzzle to 100
- We discussed odd and even numbers, and learned that numbers which end in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8 are even and can be paired
- P2 were learning to order words in alphabetical order
- We did our first reflective reading session, using ‘Room on the Broom’ as our stimulus and completed lots of activities such as making characters out of play dough, designing a new front cover and writing or drawing about our favourite part of the story.
P1/2 have also been busy coming up with ideas for our role play corner. We made a long list of ideas of what we could pretend to be in this area. One of our ideas was a musician, so our newest addition to the role play area is a keyboard with drums and a microphone! P1/2 have had so much fun role playing as musicians this week! I wonder what next week will bring… Watch this space!
Everyone has worked super hard this week, well done everyone! Enjoy the weekend.
Here are our photos: