Next week is Maths Week Scotland 2018 and nursery-P7 will be taking part in a range of exciting Maths activities. We are looking forward to sharing with our children the importance of Maths in our daily lives and also showing them how fun it can be. All classes will take part in an outdoor Maths trail as well as taking part in our Art Competition which will have a Maths related theme (stay tuned for the winning entries). Teachers will also be planning a number of exciting activities for their classes throughout the week and pictures of this will be displayed on our website for you to have a look at.
You can get involved with Maths Week Scotland at home too!
Here are some ideas to get you started:-
- Counting the steps you take when going out somewhere with your child or perhaps even just counting up the stairs.
- Going on a shape hunt with your child throughout the house.
- Baking something together and measuring out the ingredients.
- Ordering items in the house from lightest to heaviest.
- Counting items of clothing as they go into the washing machine.
- Estimating and then checking how long it takes to do a task around the house e.g. eating dinner, getting ready for bed.
- Selecting the correct coins to pay for something in a shop and calculating how much change you should receive.
There are so many ways you can get involved with Maths Week Scotland at home and we would love to see them. Please tweet us pictures of you having fun at home with Maths 🙂
Thank you for your ongoing support with your child’s learning.